• Print

Author Topic: MMA 2018: Race 1  (Read 300 times)

Offline GTAS_PEETHAM

• Team Leader
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sport car driver
    • View Profile
    • SA Gamer
Re: MMA 2018: Race 1
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 10:03:11 AM »
had a good race yesterday, thanks Corne.
This is a great event. I'm really sad that there are issues with these lobbies.
I was gutted not to race against Caddy and Sonofrod. Hope the guys will try again for the next round.

Else it's back to Daily races, which I really enjoy.
Greater is He, that is living in me, then he that is in the world

Designed by GTAS_MILTON & DORIFTO

Offline Ninja_JFavingsdikunzy

• Team Ninja
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 10:34:08 AM »
I had a dismal race last night, or should I rephrase. What started as a promise for a good race was ended swiftly in a sand trap. Nevertheless I had a great time shunting that GTR around Suzuka. Exhilarating!!! Thanks Corné for What promises to be a great series. Can't wait to get to Sao Paulo.

Offline Leap33_za

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 12:20:02 PM »
Dear Console Racing members and staff

Last night’s race was a huge disappointment for me. Not only were we just 9 in the lobby, but only 6 were able to participate in the race. The issues guys are experiencing with this game have chased most of this community away to find other avenues to continue their love for online racing. This forum has become extremely quiet since the last championship and my hope by creating this MMA event to make it more active again has not made any difference. With that said, I do appreciate the guys that stuck it out and supported me in this venture……I will not forget it. However, the time and effort spend on this champs and what still needs to be done, I simply can’t find the motivation to continue. These races simply doesn’t work if there isn’t enough guys participating or able to participate……you simply find guys having lonely races with no fun factor of battling with each other.

I tried my best to make this MMA as interesting and fun as possible, but with no decent amount of community support, whether its due to connection/game issues or other racing communities offering something more appealing, this champs (and perhaps ConsoleRacing) simply cannot survive. Since I don’t experience these issues in GTS as others do, I would rather search elsewhere to seek a platform where I can obtain the online racing fun that I desire. 

I am therefore cancelling the MMA championship as of today. I truly apologise for those that wanted to continue, but I cannot see this champs being worthwhile going forward.

I hope there is no hard feelings.

Regards

Corne (Leap33_za)

Offline GTAS_PEETHAM

• Team Leader
  • Sport car driver
    • View Profile
    • SA Gamer
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 02:19:46 PM »
Feel your pain buddy, and understand.
Thank you for the effort already put in.

Offline Ninja_JFavingsdikunzy

• Team Ninja
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »
It is very sad indeed, but perfectly understandable. Thanks for all your effort Corné.

Offline HennieBez

• Kart driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 09:29:45 PM »
Very sad news, but I also completely understand. Thanks for all your time and effort Corne.

Offline Rod

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • Just a boy racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 06:06:42 AM »
Corne',
 You tried so hard to pull forum out of the dip it's in and we all really understand the time and effort you have put in, hours and hours of it.

So therefore your decision comes as no surprise but I must add my sincere thanks to those already expressed for the wonderful Series you devised and although I am disappointed that it will not continue, absolutely understand your reasons.

A huge Thank You once again and we wish you well in your ventures.

Offline GTAS_PEETHAM

• Team Leader
  • Sport car driver
    • View Profile
    • SA Gamer
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
There are too many locals playing GTS, not on any forums. I get invites all the time.
Besides the lobby issues, to get everyone to join on consoleR is a huge mission, given the social apps.

Hopefully tomorrow I get to start the Nations Cup and get into it...:)

Apparently, the moment you get to not see another racer in the lobby / track, that's already going to be a problem.

Offline Rod

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • Just a boy racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2018, 05:45:50 AM »
Good Thinking David,
Simon had a look at joining in an American Forum while he's there and they are not without their own similar problems.

Daily races keep me busy but he has also persuaded me to join the FIA and Nations Cup as he says , not only is it hassle free ( like daily races ) but you can choose from a variety of times to race to suite your schedule.

I hate to see our Forum in it's current status so maybe I'll borrow Corne's ideas for a short
 "Hangover Handicap" on Sunday Mornings for an hour and do 5 lap sprint and 15 lap main event purely on arrive and drive basis.

Corne did a helluva job so maybe his hours of matching track and car will not go wasted.

Offline Tosco Silver

• Team Tosco
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 10:01:22 AM »
I am one of the last persons who should say anything because I am one of those who didn't show any interest in GTS after the last champs. I don't think anyone should take the state of this forum personally because I really feel that GTS give us a raw deal. We can even go as far to say let's except the issues as real live incidents but I do not agree with that. We are online racers and should have the privilege not to have those issues. That is supposed to be one of the advantages of online racing. At the moment we are trying to condition ourselfs to keep on trying to enjoy something that is not even close to enjoyable. I think one of our mistakes might be the fact that we only concentrated on one platform. Maybe the way forward might be some kind of vote to see if there is any other platform that might bring more of us together. Allot of this community members are here for a very long time and had a very high quality racing experience though the years. I am positive that most of us are still trying to chase after those experiences. Unfortunately GTS is not the platform to give us that. Not sure what the way forward is but we will have to work towards something else if we want to try and save crcoza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIVE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY!!!!!!

Offline worduphomes

• Production car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
Sad to see a championship with great potential get ruined by a terrible online experience within the game. All the issues are the similar to GT5 and 6 on PS3. You would think that Polyphony would have sorted out the problems by now. I thought they had made a breakthrough with the latest updates because I could see the rooms you guys make again (couldn't see them for a while), but the actual in-game issues are still there.

Thanks Corne for making such an effort. Really appreciated 😉

I guess the only way forward on GT sport is to have arrive and drive casual events like Rod suggested or possibly a multi-race, same day championship, also on an arrive and drive basis, so if you arrive and run into problems, it's not serious because you wouldn't have put in practice or setup etc.
Maybe 5 X 15 minute BOP races... 3 practice laps and 1 quali lap, with aim of finishing the whole thing in say 2.5  or 3 hours...
What do you guys think?
Does anyone know of a website or app that allows you to do do live draws that multiple users can watch, so we can truly randomise the track / car / tyre rules before each race?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Print