Linked Events

• SSS BTT 90's Round 7 Motegi East: April 20, 2016
  • SUNDAY SUPER SALOONS: BACK TO THE 90's - ROUND 7: April 20, 2016
  • Print

Author Topic: SUNDAY SUPER SALOONS: BACK TO THE 90's - ROUND 7  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Tosco Silver

• Team Tosco
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
Re: SUNDAY SUPER SALOONS: BACK TO THE 90's - ROUND 7
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 03:32:38 PM »
12,s :o
Maybe :-\

LIVE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY!!!!!!

Offline PIKESPEED-

• Team Ninja
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 03:43:56 PM »
All I know is that it's going to be extremely close between everyone and it all comes down to the wire at the final race.
Great planning and foresight Ally.
Now we wait and see  8) 8) 8)

Offline SA-Speedster

• Team Leader
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »
yip...very tight.  ;)

Offline Ninja_OneManRiot

• Team Leader
  • WTC Rally driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »
Ok I managed to get a new TV and ready to race tonight so I will be hosting pool B.

Offline Rod

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • Just a boy racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »
No, go look after your baby and play packman! ???

Offline SA-Speedster

• Team Leader
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 09:19:44 AM »
Pool A

A long night at the track.
Throughout the champs, the Merc has been less competitive, the harder the tires. On Softs we could extract max from it, but on Hards it just consistently fell short and the gap to the field grew bigger.

The sprint race was wild and quick…and unfortunately plagued with some lagg as well…that slapped some of us silly…lol. I lost touch with the main group in front of me after the lagg slap in lap 3….and basically just drove the Merc to the finish line from there to finish in P7.

In the main race I struggled for too long to get past Diesel in his Alfa, and made a silly mistake in T1 on lap 5, which saw me loosing a few positions. It was a lekke battle thanx Driaan. Knowing he is on RH and I on RS.. I did not want to just bully my way through but rather tried finding a way past cleanly..lol. Perhaps I was a little over cautious. Hectic but fair racing! I took the softs to the end of lap 28, knowing that the Merc was really not happy on Hards. Finished in P9. Definitely not great results on the evening for me, but I always enjoy my racing..regardless!

I am very proud of our team that worked with the Merc, to make it shine in at least 3 races, even with its RWD handling issues in this strong 4WD field. But this is the SSS in which the track choices balanced the cars out better than ever before. 

A little sad that those DC’s of Corne and Hardus a few races back really hurt our “team points” badly… I think we lost an estimated 71 points there. 

Thank you to the whole community for pitching up at every event, and for an enjoyable champs.

I believe we have a great bunch of racers in our community with awesome talent. We have had many debates over the years and this champs on the penalty system of GT. It still seems that penalties on Mild or Light remains the best happy medium for enjoyable on line racing.

Great full house Ty, so well done and thanx for hosting!   :)

Its going to be refreshing to park the Merc and jump into various other cars for a change.
Well done everyone!  8)

Offline PIKESPEED-

• Team Ninja
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »
What a Champs SSS turned out to be.

I came back from a year break and man o man I wasn't expecting the pace to be as quick as it is.

One highlight was the win in Pool A at Nurburgring

and one not so highlight was taking out my former teammate Charl out at Laguna on the final turn.  Sorry again.  Really was not malicious.

The ninjas took Motegi very seriously and practiced every day since the last race. 

Quali:

I knew from the practice times last night that it was going to be good for the FTO's .
The best I had achieved all week was a 13.1 and I was hoping for a similar time during qualifying but I struggled with quali the entire SSS season.
Well Done to Ty and Charl separated by only 0.019 seconds.

Race 1. 

It was a blur really.  Ty gunned it right from the start and pulled a nice gap leaving myself and Charl to fight for 2nd.   I cant remember which lap it was but i was hit from behind in the braking
zone at the end of the man straight and I was knocked into the back of charl.  I was able to get past but I knew I was in for a hell of a race as the Alfa's tyres were still fresh.  Charl eventually got past but I was not
going to give up my position without a fight.  We raced closely for the entire first race and when the Alfa's tyres started to wear I made up some ground but there were not enough laps.  Well done Ty and Charl. 

Race 2.

Reverse grid is always interesting and I made my way through the field relatively well except for being slapped around by some of the RWD cars.
I pitted at the end of lap 11 and the superior tyre wear of the FTO saw me through until the end.

Thanks to all teams that participated.  Thanks Ally for all of your effort to make an excellent series.

Thanks to the Ninjas for pushing me as hard as you have and for helping me to get back on pace.
Great bunch of guys!

Offline Ninja_OneManRiot

• Team Leader
  • WTC Rally driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »
Final points and standings are up...

CONGRATULATIONS TO TURBOCHARL WHO WON THE CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM NINJA WHO WON THE CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

A huge thanks to all for making this series a success. Alot of hard work went in behind the scenes to make sure that this series was as close as possible. It really went down to the wire with the last results finally giving us the clear winners for the series. I must say this has been a bitter sweet for me as I think this will be the last one for me to organize. Maybe on GT7 I'll pick up the mantel again but we will have to cross that bridge when we get there...

So with that I would like to thank each and every CRCoza member for their support they showed the SSS series. Without you it would not have been what it was. Thank you all and I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:06:30 PM by Ninja_OneManRiot »

Offline TurboCharl

• Team Tosco
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »
Round 7 Motegi

I thought the final round of the season would be a very close affair, but to be honest I was shocked at the pace I saw on race night.
I think I managed to dip into the 12's twice in practice, al be it with close to perfect laps. Although I knew that running that pace in the race
would be virtually impossible.

Qualifying was good and I was happy with a 13.0, although Ty got me again by 0.019. Makes me think about the time we did exactly the same
qualifying time at Silverstone. It's always close between us, but I had a funny feeling this time round Ty had some more pace he would unleash in the
race.

Race 1

I had a decent start and slotted in behind TY. We ran quite closely but was tagged on lap 2 or 3 from behind and lost all changes of at least giving Ty a run for his money.
Shaun slipped past and then it was all about getting past. Those FTO's could brake so late and the traction out of the corners was mind blowing. I eventually had a good run at
Shaun and managed to make a pass after a few attempts.

But Ty was gone and I crossed the finishing line in second, with Shaun right on my backside.

Race 2

Again the race started ok, but the guys were all over the show. Dust flying every where, 3-cars next to each other. Sheer chaos.
One of the E190's were so eager to get past with the soft tyres on, he kept on bumping the crap out of me for the first two laps.
Eventually he dive bombed his way past on lap 3. Must say that broke my concentration somewhat and I made a mistake shortly after that.
All alone in last place I thought back until I was bumped off again. The car, yes another E190. 

Kept going and eventually made it back to 4th place. Great drives from Ty and Shaun in those crazy quick FTO's and Leslie with another solid drive in third.   
Watched the replay and saw Ty did a 12.80 in the race. Crazy good man!!

Championship

Yes, this was a weird championship for me, as each car had a turn to be very good on a specific circuit. So I believe all the cars had their turns to have an advantage
at a specific circuit. In the end it turned out pretty close. Luckily I was consistent enough to just pip Ty to the title. Leslie also did a fantastic job to bring another Alfa home
in third in the championship.

Overall I think my Tosco Team did a great job in wiping out our points deficit during the season, but ultimately it was slightly too much in the end.
Well done to the Ninjas on the Constructor Championship win, think your dedication certainly paid off right in the last race.

Thank you to Ally for another great championship and like everything in life it had its challenges, but I think you ultimately did a great job.
Really appreciate the effort you put in behind the scenes.

For the future I am currently in the process of upgrading to PS4 and the new Assetto Corsa game. I have already purchased a new wheel and will probably
have the PS4 by the end of next month. Therefore the OMC Championship will probably be my last before I make the switch. Hopefully we could get some more guys involved and run
some championships on this forum. As ultimately its all about the community, but to be honest I did some research and it certainly looks like this new game is without a doubt the
only way forward, especially as far as realism is concerned. This is after all what I have always been after.

I am sure Ty will once again bring a wonderful OMC Championship with great cars to drive and super tight racing.
All the best to everyone for the upcoming OMC Championship and I will see you on track.

:) :) :) :)

Offline SA-Speedster

• Team Leader
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 02:46:41 PM »
Congrats Charl and Team Ninja!

The competition was tight..so well done!! 8)

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 08:57:03 PM »
The Final Race, the showdown......and what a good result for us Ninjas

We practiced hard, and we spent huge time preparing for this race. And again, we were just hoping we be close to Charl and the Tosco guys.

In practice before the race I was so flippen stoked to see we had pace to fight for a win. Having just Shaun and I in Pool A we knew it was going to be a huge race. In quali pushed hard to get pole as I knew if the Alfas got ahead it would be a massive task to get passed. Grabbing pole by the narrowest of margins over series champ Charl was a win to begin with.

In the sprint I luckily managed to get the jump off the line to hold off any challenge into the first turn, I knew if I could the line right through the following turns that followed I could hopefully hold off the pack down the next straight. The fight behind for second helped me gap the field and focus on maintaining a good pace, and so it all worked out well for me and I managed to cross the line first.

The main race was difficult at the start, I kept thinking to myself to just remain cool and not to rush things, a few close calls almost saw me spinning out, but soon things settled and I could focus on getting into a rhythm. The FTO had a good wear rate so a scheduled pit at the end of lap 12 was all planned, returning to the track on softs was now going to be where the race was going to really start, once again, going like crazy to try gain a massive advantage. I tucked in behind my Team mate Shaun and we set out to chase down the guys ahead. Shaun then handed the place to me, thanks bud, then from there on it was all go. In the end it all worked out very well. A good win and a very satisfying second for Shaun making it a Ninja 1 - 2.

Regarding the Champs, well done Charl, you managed to grab the drivers title with a race to spare, brilliant, you are once again the motivation why the guys here push themselves to do better each race. True worthy champ, congrats.

And I have to say, thanks to our Team, The Ninjas, we tried hard in this one, we gave it our all. A fantastic group of guys that just push each other a little further each time. You okes rock. Although we never got the drivers title, we did well to maintain the Team Champs, well done guys.

And a massive thank you Ally, the SSS 4 brought some trying times, some moments where broad shoulders were the order of the day, but you handled everything with true professionalism. Giving us the community on CR a champs to be proud of. I have always said, you the only oke who has the balls to do a champs like this, and I truly hope that SSS has a rebirth on another platform in the future. Thanks bud, its been highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you guys that have supported this champs, and the racing and the rubbing, great group of racers we have with some fast growing talent that I am sure we gonna see shinning through in the next OMC.

;)

Offline Leap33_za

• PotentZa Racing
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 03:46:34 PM »
All good things……. :'(

Well another championship has come to an end. I must congratulate and say thank you Ally for bringing us this type of racing. You have put in a lot of time and effort into this and I’m thankful to have been a part of it and for the awesome racing it provided. This was my second time participating and I enjoyed it immensely.

Secondly I want to thank my fellow team members for all the practices sessions and great conversations. Its great to have a “gang” that shares the same passion for racing. I’m sure we will just go from strength to strength and built on the experience we have gained through these championships.

Congratulations Charl for winning the SSS. You have continuously inspired me to push myself harder to become a better driver. You will definitely be missed when you make your switch to PS4, but I’m sure a lot of members will eventually follow the same route, so I’m certain we will race together again one day…….lol….me hopefully being a bit more challenging.

……And of course well done to the Ninjas for taking the Construction. That shows great teamwork and dedication and our team can learn from your example.  Thank you to the hosts, you guys have showed excellent skills in managing the racing nights with all their dramas and challenges.

Thank you to all the drivers that I was able to battle with on the track…….it always makes for entertaining viewing afterwards…….big respect to all!!!  8) ;)

Offline Ninja_OneManRiot

• Team Leader
  • WTC Rally driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
Thanks All for the kind words.  Means alot....

• Print