• Print

Author Topic: So who is interested in racing F1 2016 on CRCOZA  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Tosco_MikeG

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
So who is interested in racing F1 2016 on CRCOZA
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:14:34 AM »
Anyone who would be interested in racing F1 2016 on CRCOZA please put your name down here.

If we have enough interest then we will formalize a championship.

Thanks guys.

Offline Leap33_za

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
Re: So who is interested in racing F1 2016 on CRCOZA
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »
Hi guys

I got F1 2016 about 2 weeks ago and though I haven't spend much time on it, ive been very impressed with all the features they have managed to squeeze into this game.....so much so that I think other games like GT, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars should really take note.

Some of my favourite features are:

- An immersive career mode
- Voice commands to my race engineer about: Full race update, Driver in front, Driver behind, Who am I racing, Tyres status, Weather report, Fuel information, Tyre choices, etc........lol...and even to tell him to "shut up" 
- Safety car and virtual safety car
- Formation lap
- 22 player support in online lobbies that also caters for when you DC - Ai player takes over and you have about 5mins to rejoin and resume your position

I'm a big F1 fan and I've been playing F1 games very casually in the past......since the days of Microprose - Grand Prix 2 back in 1995.

I would definitely be interested to participate in an online F1 championship.......lol....less cars to learn  :D

Even if there isn't enough guys to compile a full championship (though you can at least fill the rest of the room with AI players), I would definitely like to be challenged and compare lap times in the Time Trials.....so please invite me: Leap33_za

Hope to hear there are more F1 gamers out there.  ;)

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 01:06:29 PM »
I like the the way it allows you to re enter after a DC. Very clever

Offline Leap33_za

• NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 01:23:19 PM »
I like the the way it allows you to re enter after a DC. Very clever

I think so too......definitely something GT should consider incorporating. I remember in GT5 you had a few AI players that you basically trained by entering them in some races that builds up their skill levels..........how cool will that be if in the next GT games or any other you can have a backup driver that you trained and can race in your place when you DC'd and returned later.  8)   

.......thinking about it now......the AI could possibly adapt to your way of driving and behavior..........lol.....but you might have a situation then that your AI decided to rage quit before you could return  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:27:23 PM by Corne07 »

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 01:46:15 PM »
Me thinks you should become a game developer......... :P :P :P

Offline SA-Speedster

• Team Leader
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 01:53:57 PM »
Wow Corné... that's some very useful and nice inclusions in F1 2016!!!

I agree that other developers should take note.

I am not saying Corné will not be a good developer...lol...but if it is already done..and possible...why don't the Gt car game developers also give us at least some of this awesome inclusions..?! ::) :-\

Offline Leap33_za

• NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 02:10:42 PM »
Me thinks you should become a game developer......... :P :P :P

Lol....maybe.....but have no skills in programming. Back in the days, I did however make Seasonal update addons for Grand Prix 2 through 3rd party tools. With the absence of "Google" I had to watch F1 very close and intensely do get all the car liveries, helmets and driver performance/behavior as close to real-life as possible. You don't want to see all the formulas and statistics I made on Excel spreadsheets for each driver........GEEK ALERT!!!  :P :P   

Offline TurboCharl

• Team Tosco
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
Must agree with Corne that F1 has some brilliant features, quite impressive to be honest. But, unfortunately the driving although not bad, just does not feel very realistic to me.
Would love to find out how you feel the F1 cars in AC compares to the F1 cars in F1. Must admit I really enjoyed the F1 cars in AC, especially the F138.
The SF15-T is also amazing although super complicated to drive. You have DRS, energy recovery and delivery modes, engine braking settings and Kers manual deployment.
Obviously all of this you can change on the fly while driving. This makes for a very busy lap on track, especially keeping track when to press what buttons.

If you haven't tried it yet, its well worth it.

For those who recently made the switch to PS4 I would also strongly recommend Dirt Rally. It is truly a brilliant game. 

Offline Leap33_za

• NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 02:58:50 PM »
Must agree with Corne that F1 has some brilliant features, quite impressive to be honest. But, unfortunately the driving although not bad, just does not feel very realistic to me.
Would love to find out how you feel the F1 cars in AC compares to the F1 cars in F1. Must admit I really enjoyed the F1 cars in AC, especially the F138.
The SF15-T is also amazing although super complicated to drive. You have DRS, energy recovery and delivery modes, engine braking settings and Kers manual deployment.
Obviously all of this you can change on the fly while driving. This makes for a very busy lap on track, especially keeping track when to press what buttons.

If you haven't tried it yet, its well worth it.

For those who recently made the switch to PS4 I would also strongly recommend Dirt Rally. It is truly a brilliant game.

I must say the F1 cars in F1 2016 is definitely tricky at first.....especially with all the driver aids off, but i fiddled around with the ingame steering/brake/throttle sensitivity settings and it seems i'm slowly but surely getting used to all aids off. Locking up the front breaks still happens now and then, but with some practice i'm starting to get the hang of it.

I will definitely give the F1 cars in Assetto Corsa a try and give some feedback on the comparison.

Offline SA-Speedster

• Team Leader
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »
Yes please.. :P :-\

Offline Leap33_za

• NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
No other F1 gamers???  :(

Offline Tosco Silver

• Team Tosco
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
Got the game just after I started playing AC.

It was about 60 min before AC went back into my PS4

LIVE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY!!!!!!

Offline Tosco_MikeG

• Administrator
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »
Got the game just after I started playing AC.

It was about 60 min before AC went back into my PS4

AC is an awesome game. The driving physics are phenomenal. My concern is that the game is very far from what we want as far as "Private Lobbies" are concerned.
I guess the private lobbies are in QA which means they are being tested. Hopefully they have added all the features that we want ... If so then this game will be hard
to beat. We wait and see  :D

Offline TurboCharl

• Team Tosco
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »
You must play Dirt Corne. And the new one coming June is going to be even better.

• Print