• Print

Author Topic: Round 7 - Red Bull Ring - Tuesday 1st Of August  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Pyromaniak666

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Production car driver
    • View Profile
Re: Round 7 - Red Bull Ring - Tuesday 1st Of August
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »
Thanks guys, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71-Aehgyz0Q

Really liking how this pan'd out, sadly the spin outs where strong tonight
Pyro. Well done dude! I watched most of the race last night and you did a very good job!

btw. the commentators curse is strong in this one  :P :P :P

Haha, sorry about that, i forget sometimes, i will remember to put a mute on that.
Glad you guys liked the stream, i still need to watch it myself.
I will hopefully pick up some mistakes as well.
When in Doubt, Do a Burnout

Offline TurboCharl

• Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
Thanks a million for your efforts last night Pyro. Great job.

Just a question, can we use outside views as well with the live streaming. Think its something we must look at if possible.
Maybe switching from outside views to an inside view every now and again.

Offline rebcom

• Team Leader
  • Sport car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 09:54:12 AM »
Well done Charl on the series win and thanks Mike for setting this one up

Offline TurboCharl

• Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 10:11:02 AM »
Race Report

Wow, I just loved this car with it's true 911 handling characteristics. The sound, the grip, just fantastic.

Qualifying

Second week in a row I just couldn't get qualifying right. Wasn't even close to my personal best. Think I was just super lucky to still get pole.
So close Ty.

Race

I knew the start was going to be crucial and then getting through turns 1 and turns 2 safely. It all worked out perfect for me, but behind it was chaos. Really feel sorry for the guys that were taken out, so much practice and all turns to crap on the first lap of a 39-lap race. Drivers will really need to look at their driving tactics in the future. This really is not on.

So there I was way out in front after the second corner. Another lonely race for me. But with this Porsche you need full on commitment and 110% concentration. Right from the word go it seemed I found my "Zen" again and lap after lap I was going quicker and quicker. Although by myself I was just enjoying pushing the 911 to its limits lap after lap. So rewarding!

Real pity about the first lap incidents as the race was poised to deliver some really good battles through out the field. Nonetheless, well done to Corne on a solid drive in second and Shaun for taking third place.

Thanks again to everyone who competed in the Championship. Although for some the going was tough, I hope that you guys at least enjoyed the wonderful physics of some of the cars we drove.

And now we get to the serious cars. Can't wait, the GT3's are most certainly going to be great fun.

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
Thanks Charl and Mike for a very enjoyable series. The cars were great and tested a drivers skill in many ways. This Sim game has certainly delivered in terms of true physics and a full race experience. Obviously it falls short in a lot of content.

Last night was a massive disappointment, I produced my quickest time in quali as my practice times were all over the place, never really got to know this car properly.

Race start I used the clutch to help to get off the line, didn't quite nail it, so going into the first turn I defended the inside line, running down to turn 2 there was a little gap between myself and third, so I knew I could brake and take a normal line into 2, but then all hell broke loose. Got slammed hugely and spun, rear end damage that I tried to drive with but proved to difficult, so I pitted to repair. Again alone at the back.

Continued to drive on but my mind was blown, got up behind Rich and leading onto the main straight I over judged my exit speed and nearly hit him, got off the throttle which turned the car around and I spun into the wall hard. Back to the pits for repairs and went a lap down. This is where I lost all interest and decided to see how the streaming worked out.

Congrats Charl on a very dominant series win. You are by far the best and I wish to get on your pace one day.

Offline TurboCharl

• Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »
Thanks Charl and Mike for a very enjoyable series. The cars were great and tested a drivers skill in many ways. This Sim game has certainly delivered in terms of true physics and a full race experience. Obviously it falls short in a lot of content.

Last night was a massive disappointment, I produced my quickest time in quali as my practice times were all over the place, never really got to know this car properly.

Race start I used the clutch to help to get off the line, didn't quite nail it, so going into the first turn I defended the inside line, running down to turn 2 there was a little gap between myself and third, so I knew I could brake and take a normal line into 2, but then all hell broke loose. Got slammed hugely and spun, rear end damage that I tried to drive with but proved to difficult, so I pitted to repair. Again alone at the back.

Continued to drive on but my mind was blown, got up behind Rich and leading onto the main straight I over judged my exit speed and nearly hit him, got off the throttle which turned the car around and I spun into the wall hard. Back to the pits for repairs and went a lap down. This is where I lost all interest and decided to see how the streaming worked out.

Congrats Charl on a very dominant series win. You are by far the best and I wish to get on your pace one day.

Thanks for the kind words Ty, but I am pretty sure you have been on my pace for a while now.
Looking forward to some close battles with you soon.

Offline Ninja_JFavingsdikunzy

• Team Ninja
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 01:41:44 PM »
Thanks Mike and Charl for a great championship. Congratulations on the win Charl.

Offline Leap33_za

• PotentZa Racing
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »
Race report

Though I haven't been able to join all the races in this champs......I very much enjoyed the 2 races I was in, so therefore I decided and hoped to at least join this last one as it seems there was going to be a good number of guys.

Qualifying went well as 3rd was the highest I could've hoped for, though not able to hit the 31s as before......Ty and Charl was just too quick for me to challenge.   

Unfortunately the race was a bit of a disappointment with some over-eager and aggressive drivers. Still not sure what happened in turn 2......with a shunt from behind, I couldn't avoid Ty and basically ruined his whole race......my heart just dropped right there as I definitely didn't want to take out someone like Ty who I respect a lot and knew he and Charl could've had a good go at each other.

As I got slowly away with some damage, I looked back and just saw more chaos with cars all over the place. I drove on but my mind was just not in it for the rest of the race. I was watching the split times mostly, thinking if Ty was able to battle his way through the pack I would at least give him back his 2nd place. Unfortunately that opportunity never came and my podium felt very unsatisfying at the end.

Ty.....I just want to apologize again.......even though the incident felt out of my control......I still felt like crap that it was me bumping you off the circuit. I truly hope we can somehow get an understanding what actually happened and quickly nip this kind of racing in the bud.

Congratulation Charl on the win and for the championship........seriously awesome!!!

....and thank you Pyro for your efforts with the streaming.....well done....even with the limitations of the game.

Looking forward, as ever, to the next races.   

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 07:32:41 AM »
Race report
Ty.....I just want to apologize again.......even though the incident felt out of my control......I still felt like crap that it was me bumping you off the circuit. I truly hope we can somehow get an understanding what actually happened and quickly nip this kind of racing in the bud.

Dont worry bud, it happens. I know for a fact you would never drive this way and the mere fact that you were also hit confirms you had nothing to do with it. Apology not needed, but thank you.

Just hope going forward all of us can learn form it and hopefully improve on the overall driving conduct. The physics in AC in not anything like the old GT6 we all became accustomed too. The reaction time and car weight transfer in quick changes when driving close is very different, again to GT6. So we all need to up our game and get to a point where we can feel and control the car if a sudden change needs to take place. It happened to me behind Rebcom when I suddenly lifted off the throttle, the back end came around and I over corrected. 

We all had GT6 so dialed in that we could chuck the car anywhere and 99% of the time be able to react to what the car does, hopefully going into SSS and having more practice time with a specific car will help. As we go into the team aspect of it, it would be a good idea as a team to practice close racing, and as mentioned before, even racing in quick race with the games AI helps massively.

Offline Pyromaniak666

• Moderators
  • Production car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 07:55:39 AM »
Thanks a million for your efforts last night Pyro. Great job.

Just a question, can we use outside views as well with the live streaming. Think its something we must look at if possible.
Maybe switching from outside views to an inside view every now and again.

Thanks for the feedback Charl, it is possible to capture the footage in chase cam, however to switch between views it would mean i have to switch to my car first then select the desired view then back to spectating. I am sure that would look odd and i would most likely have to stick to drivers for a longer period. I am happy to try anything, we just need to setup a session where we can test all these things, i just wish we had the replay type views to be honest.
When in Doubt, Do a Burnout

• Print