• Print

Author Topic: Longevity of Assetto Corsa (Console)  (Read 1259 times)

Offline GTAS_Caddy

• GT All Stars
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sport car driver
    • View Profile
Re: Longevity of Assetto Corsa (Console)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »
And the replay is not ONLY for policing or reporting, but also for viewing pleasure...lol.
That 1 specific move, or that battle over 3 laps or 4 corners... The replay should in anyway be part of any Sim  / game... It adds another dimension, and it even creates memories.

I used to save every champ race, every single one. Sometimes..when life actually allowed for it, if you watch pieces of a replay, I could even relive the atmosphere of that specific race..

So quite an important addition imo.

Long live GT memories  8)

Offline Tosco_MikeG

• Administrator
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »
I hear you, but for me its almost like I fell cheated in a way. Why should the same game (actually sim) be so different on PC. The PC version was there first and has been massively successful, and then we get a very limited below average unfinished console version.

Surely they can see what communities need to have to create a successful online champs, they doing it on PC......and us console okes have to try with what we have...... nooit.  :'( :'( :'(

AC is a great simulator no doubt about it but for PS4 players ( and XBOX ) they gave us 30% of the game and charged us 100% of the price. You can buy AC now for less than R300 which is really where it should be priced for the content delivered. That is the only gripe ... I love the game and will always play it as is, but for a racing community it sucks. ( the replay thing is crucial and the only real serious
problem with the game. )
I didn't buy PCARS 2 yet and not sure if I want to anymore ... I also feel that they over promoted and under delivered ( relying only on comments of course ).
I have watched the last few races on AC and with the rolling start it looked much better. I think there may still be life in the game ( more people that want to play it ). As far as KUNOS doing any improvements I agree with what Corne said in the opening post. It's not going to happen.

Offline Rod

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • Just a boy racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »
All the above comments summarize my feelings.

I long for the days when you could depend on a good clean race taking part, recording it, and dealing with issues thereafter.

Set a car up and carry that setup forward with the car and tweak it for the next track.

I'm not going repeat every that has been said but what we all enjoyed was the availability of GT6 online racing facilities, dependability that the race host had control of any online protest or notifications, because we had chats available, and the possibility of taking corrective action, even if it meant a restart.

If I have to give up a little on physics ,which admittedly at my level, is not critical, not being able to see the oke selling boerie rolls at the pit entrance, but have a practice and quali accompanied by banter followed by a nicely controlled race and some general on air B.S, afterwards then I look forward and will enjoy every event.

Offline DamonB

• Kart driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
I've been out of the loop for this game for quite a while now. Have they updated the game since about a year ago? That's was the last updated I played.

Offline Tosco_MikeG

• Administrator
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 11:15:49 AM »
I've been out of the loop for this game for quite a while now. Have they updated the game since about a year ago? That's was the last updated I played.

They have finished all development on Assetto Corsa PS4 version.
The problem with Assetto Corsa is that they never quite finished the game properly from a PS4 perspective. It is great on PC ( a completely different beast ) but on console
you can't even save a race replay. Doesn't work well for racing communities. I think that Kunos thought they would just add a mickey mouse version of the game to console
and make some money from the kids. They didn't realise that the console racing community is very active, high level and competitive. They have taken lots of flak so I doubt
we will ever see another version on console.

I am currently trying the early release of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PC and the physics are exceptional. Probably time to throw the PS4 in the bin :-) 

• Print