• Print

Author Topic: GT Sport or Project Cars 2  (Read 844 times)

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
GT Sport or Project Cars 2
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:03:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

So I see there is a slow debate brewing over where the future lies in terms of the preferred console game going forward.

By no means are you as a member of the community forced to choose, we will certainly be running champs in both GT Sport and Project Cars 2.

Lets hear from all who has preferred which and the reasons why?

This should be interesting. Feel free to post links of comparisons etc etc...

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
Re: GT Sport or Project Cars 2
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 03:17:40 PM »
I am currently enjoying Pcars2, its great in my opinion. Yes we have been spoilt due to the physics of AC, but I have accepted the fact that we possibly will not get 100% the same feel in any other sim. So where to.....

I dont care much at all for......photos, sunsets, mountains, trees, water reflections, fire works, the list goes on. I just want to be able to race with friends for fun and competitively. So car sounds, drive-ability, physics are priority for me, and a good selection of race cars. Pcars for me has it all, very user friendly lobbies, once you get the million FFB settings figured out, which I am still fine tuning, you then get a good feel and your driving improves.

The beta test for GT left me feeling despondent, sound was super bad, cars were floating. I believe this all improved. I haven't got the game so it will interesting to hear everyone's take on it. 

Offline TurboCharl

• Team Tosco
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Touring Car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »
Nice one Ty. Yes I am pretty much with you, that's why I like AC so much. My only worry with GT Sport is that I have heard from so many guys that it feels like the car is driving on top of road if you know what I mean. This review also mentioned that driving in GT sport is more memory and practice than feel, like with AC. This is one of the main reasons I have not bought GT sport and probably wont. I have bought PC2 weeks ago but haven't even taken it out of the plastic covering. The set up on the steering wheel seems to be a major issue with PC2. I am not keen on changing settings on the wheel all the time. Can you set it like AC and then forget about it. It took me 30-minutes on AC to do this and I never touched it ever again.

Offline Driver 101

• Administrator
  • Le Mans car driver
  • ..../\/"""""\/\....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 03:56:31 PM »
Unfortunately the FFB is an issue where patients in certainly required. I started Pcars in the deep end, literally starting a champs from day one, so my FFB has been set for the car we using now. So hopefully you dont need to change per car cos thats nuts

Offline Leap33_za

• PotentZa Racing
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 04:35:30 PM »
I am at this stage very much split between PC2 and GTsport. I am playing both, but not that extensive yet that I can say that i'm going to totally put my time and effort on one for champs next year. Doing 2 champs simultaneous on 2 different games I simply just wont have the time.......while I still have 300 billion galaxies to explore  ;D

From my side, I was getting very excited about PC2 while it was still in development and maybe I created a too big expectation for myself about the game when it released. I ended up less enthusiastic simply because everything was not working correctly straight out the box......so the excitement got dampened a bit. However, since the last updates they fixed a lot of issues and added features (bugs, handling, FFB, buttonbox, companion apps, etc.) and I was starting to get hopeful again. Buying T3PA pedals with the breaking mod (thx to Rob) actually also contributed to me enjoying the feel of the cars more, especially the cars without ABS. True, the FFB does take a while to tune, even though they simplified the method, but I think I got a good balance now that works well across the field and I'm now really enjoying driving the cars. The content and options on this game is simply massive and the learning curve is much steeper than for instance GTsport.......and at times it even felt a bit more difficult than AC, but maybe its just because I was used to playing AC for longer.

Although, since I bought GTsport, I haven't touched PC2 again........but it could be mainly that I was mesmerized by the mind boggling graphics. It also tickled my creative side with the livery editor and scapes mode that I catch myself just chilled on the couch with my controller designing liveries and doing challenges to unlock content. I know this is not for everyone but i'm totally addicted to it right now.........but the feeling might fade later. On the racing feel with a wheel, it is really just a get-in-and-go driving game. Much simpler and much less technical stuff to consider such as Tire temps, weather, damage, etc.........which in my opinion have enabled racing to become a bit less predictable when you include these variables. The FFB is not really on par comparing to PC2 or AC, but its definitely not bad.....just average. There was some FFB effects missing on the release, but with the last update it seems to have improved especially when knowing when the car understeers or brakes locking up. Still its not mind blowing, but it seems GTsport kept it simple, but stroked an "ok-ish" balance between catering for beginners and pros. Therefore, this might not work for everyone and I will still have to decide to what depth I want to go with a racing game for the time I have available.         

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:22:48 AM by Leap33_za »

Offline HecticZA

• Administrator
  • GP 2 driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »
It is an easy to answer for me.

PCars 2

GT Sport feels like a kiddies game.

PCars is full of hidden secrets and goodies.

Unfortunately  you need to dig around s bit to get the best out of the game imo, but nothing compares to PCars as a total game atm.

If you want to Arive & Drive you need to play AC or GTS.

AC, because it is just brilliant on default
GTS, Because it is for the mass market .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline C-R-A-Y

• Kart driver
  • PSN ID: C-R-A-Y
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 01:42:54 PM »
Well I don't have PC2 yet, but will be getting it this weekend. I know I will love it, so my comments will be biased at this point and I will be back after I played PC2.

GT for me is GT. I loved it since number 1 and got me into racing with a bunch of you. I wont compare it to a kiddies game, cause my son (7years) wins races in The Crew and NFS but not in GT. GT is teaching him about cornering, entry speed, ect.

In the opening movie, it says "Driving is for Everyone" ... so in essence it's giving a wider group of people the opportunity to enter sim racing and learning sportsmanship. But we all know (looking at some times already posted) that to gold all missions is "easy" to gold them 2-5 seconds under the required time, now that will separate the hardcore talented driver to the rest.

What I like about GT is the FIA involvement, online champs and future comps coming.

Time will tell, but I for one race any game (even rocket leque) ... but this past week was the first time in a long time I got goose bumps while driving in GT once again.

Offline Ghost_Dice

• Kart driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 09:49:45 AM »
It would be hard to pick between the two I have.. PC2 and GTS both have there pro's and con's

For now I would have to say PC2 just for the pure fact it has more and better real life track line up Spa, Laguna,  Silverstone, donington just to name a few . GTS will catch up soon I believe or do I say hope.

Not just the tracks, but sound and feel.
Overall PC2 is an epic racer. Splitting the community would just mean diluting the competition.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Ninja_JFavingsdikunzy

• Team Ninja
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 11:27:59 AM »
Gran Turismo has been my game of choice since its inception, but I have grown out of it. I find PC2 much more rewarding to play, although Assetto would be my first choice. The choice of cars and tracks on PC2 are very attractive. Car sounds, drive-ability and physics are far better for me than GT.

Offline Tosco Silver

• Team Tosco
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 12:09:00 PM »
I do not have GTS atm so cant really say anything on that but I do have concerns about online issues in PC2.
Was online last night for the first time and switched off after about two hours being sick of all the little issues creaping in all the time.
The other problem I have with the game is the difficulty of the tuning engine. Think that is why most people have rooms open with tuning prohibited.
I am not convinced yet that PC2 is fit for championships with all these little bugs everywhere.
The online lobbies are also not that user friendly as I expected.

To be honost my expectations was 3 time what the product offers.

Bit sad :'(

LIVE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY!!!!!!

Offline Leap33_za

• PotentZa Racing
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 08:37:36 AM »
......Its oh so quiet......its oh so still...... :-\

At this stage of the year I haven't been able to play PC2 or GTS at all.......but hopefully when I finish off my work for the year (guessing most of you as well) Ill be able to start playing more regularly to hopefully come to a decision for 2018.

There has been updates on both PC2 and GTS and I've seen more updates are coming shortly to PC2. Anyone has some more opinions on these 2 games and what they are more leaning towards in playing more regularly? Especially those that have played AC on a regular basis....   

Offline HecticZA

• Administrator
  • GP 2 driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »
I have no doubt that PCars 2 is the game going forward for me.

Offline Ninja_JFavingsdikunzy

• Team Ninja
  • NASCAR car driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 10:21:27 AM »
I am finding PCars 2 challenging, but I am loving it. I don't have GT Sport but I am also not ruling that out either. I wanna be where the CRCOZA community is.

Offline Rod

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Le Mans car driver
  • Just a boy racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 06:32:06 AM »
I have just completed Gold in all the Missions, Licences and Track Experience on GT Sport and it was fun, more sophisticated than GT 6 and requires a degree of skill in driving, calculating fuel consumption and a few real life racing requirements. Always a challenge to beat your friends best time and set yourself targets and I do believe it will teach you some strategy requirements. The driver ranking you obtain by participating in online events with your friends or in the daily races enable you you join a race comfortably knowing how your opposition will behave eg. If you have a high sportsmanship rank and a medium driver ranking you can expect to race against gentlemen who behave and similarly if it's lower expect a few hooligans. The online facilities are better than GT 6 , which served us all perfectly over the years, so no complaints there and the Livery Editor, if you enjoy designing cars appearances, is outstanding.
 However after the fun is over all we have left, like GT 6, is online racing and the success in that lays entirely with us.

With PC 2 the fun element is not as great, building up to the completion of career events before you concentrate on online racing and this is where the difference comes in. Online experience, regarding chatting,ease of availability, driver ranking, etc. is similar to GT Sport, with some nice improvements like The Spotter, but the physical aspect of actual driving is way above that of GT Sport, which is very forgiving and not as demanding as PC 2 thus giving more of a Sim feeling to that of a game.

To my mind,those who enjoyed what we experienced with the physics of AC , there is no doubt that PC 2 is the better of the two options although I also believe any serious race driver should own both these games.

All things compared, whatever is decided on CRCOZA, as far as online racing is concerned, I will support either, or both, of these platforms and really am looking forward to 2018.

Happy Xmas everyone!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:34:49 AM by Rod »

• Print